Warranty Table of Contents
Warranty against Defects
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Software Duplication Services Pty Ltd (ABN 47 060 250 179) (“SDS”) provides the following warranty in relation to its goods (“Product”). The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State & Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
SDS warrants that, subject to the exclusions and limitations below, the Product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the period specified on the product packaging and/or the website from date of purchase.
If a defect appears in the Product before the end of the warranty period and SDS finds the Product to be defective in materials and workmanship, SDS will at its own discretion repair or replace the Product free of charge.
If goods presented for repair are capable of retaining user-generated data, repair of these goods may result in loss of the data.
Proof of Purchase
Proof of purchase shall be required to be eligible for this warranty and to establish the commencement date of this warranty. This warranty is valid for the original purchase only and is not transferrable to a subsequent customer if the Product is sold by the original customer during the warranty period.
The term of your warranty period shall commence from the purchase date appearing on your purchase receipt from an authorised distributor, reseller or retailer and extends only for the time set forth in the Product documentation. This information can be obtained from the packaging and/or the SDS website.
Returned Merchandise Authorisation
No product may be returned to SDS without first contacting us for a RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorisation) number. If it is determined that a Product may be defective, you will be given an authorisation number and instructions for Product return. An unauthorised return, i.e. one for which an RMA number has not been issued, will be returned to you at your expense. Authorised returns are to be shipped prepaid and insured to our Head Office in qualified packaging.
Notice to Customer Relating to Repair of Goods
SDS will not accept goods for repair unless we have provided the consumer with a Notice to Customer Relating to Repair of Goods that complies with regulations. As the notice relates to the repair of Goods that store user-generated data, the repairer’s Notice states that the repair of Goods may result in loss of data. Since it is also our practice to supply refurbished Goods as an alternative to repairing a consumer’s defective Goods, our notice specifies that the Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished Goods of the same type rather than being repaired. The Repairer’s Notice will be issued at the same time that we issue an RMA number. This statement is also available on the Verbatim Australia website.
- If a fault covered by warranty occurs, the customer must first:
- Contact SDS Head Office using the contact details provided below; or
- return the Product to the retailer from which the Product was purchased.
- Any warranty claim must be accompanied by:
- Proof of purchase; and
- Full details of the alleged defect.
- If SDS or the retailer from which the Product was purchased finds no defect in the Product after inspection and testing, the customer must pay Verbatim’s usual costs of service work and testing.
- The customer must bear the cost of the transport to SDS or to and from the retailer to make the warranty claim including all insurance of the Product. Verbatim will bear the cost of the return transport to the customer once the claim has been finalised.
The warranty will not apply where:
- the Product has been repaired, altered or modified by someone other than SDS or an authorised repair agent;
- the alleged defect in the Product is within acceptable industry variances;
- Verbatim cannot establish any fault in the Product after testing and inspection;
- the Product has been used other than for the purpose for which it was designed;
- the defect in the Product has arisen due to the customer’s failure to properly use and maintain the Product in accordance with Verbatim’s instructions, recommendations and specifications (including applicable maintenance schedules);
- the Product has been subject to abnormal conditions or use, including environment, temperature, water, fire, humidity, pressure, stress or similar;
- the defect has arisen due to abuse, misuse, neglect or accident.
The warranty does not extend to:
- damage or defects caused by normal wear and tear;
- general, consequential, punitive, incidental or special damages. These include loss of recorded data, interruption of use, the cost of recovery of lost data, lost profits and the cost of the installation or removal of any Products, the installation of replacement Products, and any inspection, testing or redesign caused by any defect or by the repair or replacement of Products arising from a defect in any Product.
- incompatibility or poor performance due to specific computer or hardware used.
Verbatim makes no express warranties or representations other than set out in this warranty. The replacement of the Product or part of the Product is the absolute limit of Verbatim’s liability under this express warranty.
- Files stored on a computer hard drive;
- Telephone numbers stored on a mobile telephone;
- Songs stored on a portable media player;
- Games saved on a computer console;
- Files stored on a USB memory device
Goods or Product presented for repair may be replaced with refurbished goods or Product of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods or Product.
If the goods or Product presented for repair are capable of retaining user-generated data, repair of the goods or Product may result in a loss of data.
“User-Generated data” includes but is not limited to:
Software Duplication Services Pty Ltd
PO Box 203 Pascoe Vale Sth, Victoria 3044
Tel: +61 3 383 1655
Fax: +61 3 383 1655